Sunday, February 10, 2008

Well, I have answered some of my own questions---way too much time researching online---about some of the Volvo parts I have been looking for: VLVworld and Skandix both carry the clear turn lenses; they are spendy, but worth it I think when I finally get a new paint job. I also found the right steering wheel hub for the pre-'73 140: it is made by the Italian company Volanti Luisi, part number 7702, and fits Momo wheels. This is exciting because, despite my earlier complaints I have been able to find used Momo wheels on ebay for pretty cheap on occasion...we'll see.

3 comments:

Smokeyclothes said...

Cool blog! I'm on OVT too, just posted pix up of my 68 145s (think my name there is Gambler or Griffin68).

Keep posting on your brick, we're doing the same stuff. Good job on the filters, cheapest I found stock was 25 each.

Darren Cools said...

Hi, thanks for the comment! I lived in Oregon for a while, and I am currently in school in SoCal, but I hope be back up there soon. I love Portland. Anyway, how do you post pictures to OVT? I wasn't finding it...

Smokeyclothes said...

Just get a free photobucket.com account, upload them there. Then use the generate HTML link to make the links you cut and paste over to OVT (for fourums). It's pretty easy to figure out when looking at it.